Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jan. 22 – Jan. 23, 2013

Today’s Good News

After seeing Second Precinct Officer Monica Powell’s selection as the Department’s Officer of the Month last month, a woman emailed to thank Officer Powell for the impact she had on her life. “I am writing this to tell you that I am very appreciative for you being on the RPD force. Months ago you responded to a domestic dispute at my residence where I just wanted to have my then boyfriend of many years to leave. Since that day I have clearly opened my eyes to life as a single woman and parent. Listening to you speak to us showed me that I am worth more than I showed myself. It also made me see that my life weighed on my children,” she wrote.



“I just wanted to tell you thank you for being you at that time and that I truly thank God for you. You truly are Officer of the Year--not just Month--in my eyes.”



DISCLAIMER: The following incidents are preliminary in nature and are subject to change after investigation. Please note that the entries listed below do not cover every incident from overnight. The listings are subject to the judgment of staff officers’ sense of what is noteworthy.



CRIMES AGAINST PERSONS



1st Precinct

AGGRAVATED ASSAULT (SHOOTING)

1/22/13 6:47 p.m.

2500 block of Rosetta Street

A male reported unknown male(s) shot him. His injuries are not life threatening.



1st Precinct

AGGRAVATED ASSAULT (SHOOTING)

1/22/13 7:21 p.m.

1800 block of O Street

A male reported unknown male(s) shot him. His injuries are not life threatening.



2nd Precinct

ROBBERY

1/22/13 7:29 p.m.

100 block of East 32nd Street

A male reported two unknown males robbed him at gunpoint.



PROPERTY CRIMES



2nd Precinct

BURGLARY

1/22/13 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.

300 block of West 27th Street

An unknown person(s) broke into the residence and stole a video game system and video games.



3rd Precinct

BURGLARY

1/20/13 – 1/21/13 12:10 p.m. – 5:10 p.m.

3100 block of Stonewall Avenue

An unknown person(s) broke into the residence and stole a jar of change and an eBook.



3rd Precinct

BURGLARY

1/22/13 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.

2300 block of East Tremont Court

An unknown person(s) broke into the residence and stole fruit snacks and fruit gushers.



4th Precinct

MOTOR VEHICLE THEFT

1/21/13 – 1/22/13 9:30 p.m. – 6:50 a.m.

100 block of East Franklin Street

An unknown person(s) stole an unlocked vehicle with keys left inside.



4th Precinct

BURGLARY

1/22/13 8:15 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

2900 block of 4th Avenue

An unknown person(s) broke into the residence and stole a video game system and cell phone.



4th Precinct

THEFT FROM MOTOR VEHICLE

1/22/13 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.

1100 block of Hermitage Road

An unknown person(s) broke into the vehicle and stole a wallet.